Complete your Chinese food feast with a super-simple take on an Asian-fusion salad. Enjoy the same sweet flavors, and crunchy goodness, with plenty of satisfying protein to make this classic metabolic.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 0 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces (about 4 packed cups) baby arugula
- 12 ounces (about 4 cups) cooked shredded chicken
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, shaved into short ribbons
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 (10.7-ounce) can mandarin oranges in own juice, juice reserved
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 scallions, cut on the bias
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reserved juice from mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Add baby arugula to a large bowl, then top with chicken, red peppers, carrot ribbons, cilantro, oranges, almonds, and scallions.
In a small measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, 2 tablespoons of reserved mandarin orange juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, lime juice, mint, and salt.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve right away.