The perfect Metabolic appetizer to serve at your holiday party.
Number of Servings: 8 (2 pieces per serving as an appetizer)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 8 mini peppers
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 pieces pasture-raised bacon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, then place a cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Add the dates to a small bowl and cover with hot water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- While the dates are softening in the water, cut the mini peppers in half and remove any seeds. Set aside.
- Add the feta, dates and honey to a food processor and process on high for 45-60 seconds, or until well-combined. Using a spoon, scoop the feta filling into the cavity of each mini pepper. Wrap each stuffed pepper with the bacon and place on the sheet tray. Continue until all the peppers are wrapped.
- Bake the bacon-wrapped peppers for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and gets crispy. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy.
- Adjust bake time to cook bacon to your preferred doneness.
- If using thick cut bacon, consider using the whole mini pepper rather than cut in half as the bacon needs more time to cook and peppers could get too soft.