When you think “healthy,” you probably don’t think “BBQ chicken.” But these kabobs are metabolic food at its finest! They’re a high-protein delight, baked instead of deep fried, and sweet without the MSG or junk from restaurants. Pair with a fresh corn and feta salad. Delicious – and a snap to make!
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
For the Kabobs:
- 2 lbs. organic chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Primal Palate BBQ Rub (or another sugar-free BBQ rub)
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cubed
- 1 organic pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce
For the Corn Salad:
- 1 can organic cooked sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, zested and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chile pepper, sliced thinly, deseeded
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
In a large mixing bowl, add chicken breast, avocado oil, BBQ rub and bacon. Mix to combine.
Thread chicken, bacon, and pineapple pieces onto metal skewers, alternating ingredients until all have been used up.
Lightly oil the grill with additional avocado oil and set to medium-high heat. Grill the BBQ skewers for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Every two minutes, baste the kebobs with BBQ sauce.
Meanwhile, make the corn salad by simply mixing everything together in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine and season with paprika, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Remove the cooked kebobs from the grill, drizzle in any remaining BBQ sauce, and serve alongside corn salad.