Add more golden goodness to your treats with this delicious fudge recipe. Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric and the culprit behind its famous yellow color, is responsible for a host of anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Turmeric can also be beneficial in weight-loss, as studies have shown it can lower insulin resistance and activating fat-burning genes.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 10 min. (plus refrigeration time)
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (use coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup sprouted, creamy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- tiny pinch of black pepper
1) In a small saucepan over a low-medium heat, melt full fat coconut milk and sweetener.
2) Remove from the heat and add nut butter and Ghee. Stirring to combine.
3) Add all spices and stir again. The mixture should be relatively thick- similar to the texture of raw almond butter.
4) Pour the fudge into a small, shallow dish and place in the freezer to set for 2+ hours.
5) When the fudge is hard, cut into slices, lightly dust with a cinnamon and serve!