You’ll have a hard time waiting for these Parmesan Chive Egg Muffins to cool. Full of eggy goodness, packed with protein, and perfected by the tangy hint of parmesan (or nutritional yeast for my dairy-free friends), these are going to be one of your favorite breakfasts in no time.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 0% (can sub dairy-free yogurt, if needed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (can sub nutritional yeast for dairy-free)
- 1/2 tablespoon chives, sliced thin
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is shimmering and hot, add onion, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until beginning to soften and become translucent about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from the heat and allow it to cool.
3) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and Greek yogurt until smooth. Add the cooled skillet mixture to the eggs, along with the chives and parmesan, and gently whisk to combine. Divide mixture evenly between the prepared muffin tins. Muffin tins will be filled to the top.
4) Bake until egg muffins are puffed and lightly browned on top, 20-25 minutes.
5) Enjoy right away, or let cool, then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute per muffin or in the oven until warm.