Rice ramen noodles are as healthy as what you put on them (chemical-filled flavor packet, anyone?). And these forbidden rice ramen bowls have it all. You’ll want to make a big batch for sharing!
Number of Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 forbidden rice ramen noodle cakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips, then halved
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ribbons
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- Prepare rice ramen according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil and red curry paste. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat with remaining tablespoon of sesame oil. One hot, add the red pepper, carrot ribbons and edamame. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, just until vegetables are tender, but still vibrant in color.
- Using tongs, add the noodles and sauce to the vegetables and gently toss to combine. Finish with sesame seeds.
- We used the Lotus Foods brand of Forbidden Rice Ramen.
- Increase or decrease amount of red curry paste to fit your heat preference.