If you’re not a fan of “green things” but know you should eat them anyway, the Green Machine Smoothie is a quick and delicious way of making healthy choices without having to choke down a plate of bitter kale or bland broccoli. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the healthy way!
Prep Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 apple
- 1 scoop Metabolic Super Protein- Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cucumbers, sliced, skin on
- 2 cups green grapes, around 1/4 cup
- 1/2 bartlett pear
- 1 cup brewed green tea
- 1 tablespoon honey
1) Combine cucumbers, grapes, apples, and pears in a quart-sized freezer bag. Place in the freezer until completely frozen, at least 2 hours.
2) When ready to prepare your smoothie, place the cold matcha tea in the blender, followed by the freezer pack, yogurt, avocado, greens, lime juice, and honey. Pulse a few times, then puree until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.