Halibut is a lean, high-protein fish that can easily be added to your healthy meal plan. Pair with this crisp cucumber salad and decadent lemon butter sauce for a delicious dinner that can be slotted into any busy weeknight.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
For the halibut:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs wild-caught halibut, cut into fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the cucumber salad:
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, or dairy-free unsweetened and unflavored yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
In a large skillet, add avocado oil and heat over medium-high heat.
Pat fish dry and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. When the oil is shimmering, add the fish to the skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. In a small jug, add all dressing ingredients and whisk together to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
When the fish is cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside. In the same skillet, add butter and lemon juice, stir, and let melt and get warm.
Serve the fish and salad between plates. Pour over lemon butter sauce and garnish with additional fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.