Chicken, bell peppers, and onion dance in Mexican spices before being roasted on a sheet pan. The party continues until the chicken is cooked, the veggies are soft and the lime is squeezed. A great make-ahead meal prep option.
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 mixed bell peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, fresh
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese, shredded
- 8 small grain-free tortillas
1) Combine avocado oil, chili powder, oregano, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onion. Stir to mix so that the vegetables and chicken are fully coated in seasoning. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer) to marinate.
2) Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking tray.
3) Spread chicken and vegetable mixture onto the tray and roast for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
4) Remove from the oven and pour fresh lime juice evenly over the baked chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with cilantro for added flavor! Serve with avocado, dairy-free cheese, grain-free tortillas, and other toppings of choice.