It’s super easy to whip up a full week of metabolic lunches when you let your oven and crock pot do the work. These stuffed sweet potatoes are “easy gourmet” at its finest, with pancetta instead of regular ol’ bacon and moist shredded chicken to top.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 8 hrs.
Total Time: 8 hrs. 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups shredded brussels sprouts (see instructions below)
- 4 chicken breasts, shredded (see instructions below)
- 5-ounce container of diced pancetta
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Cover each potato with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt, then prick the potatoes with a fork 3 to 5 times. Place on a sheet tray and bake for 1 hour, or until fork tender.
While the potatoes are in the oven, bring a skillet to medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a separate plate lined with a paper towel, leaving the fat in the skillet. Set aside.
Add shredded brussels sprouts to the same pan cooking in the pancetta fat. Sauté until the brussels sprouts are a vibrant green color, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
When potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let cool until you can handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and break up the inside flesh with a fork.
Place each potato half in a separate reusable container, then top each one with shredded chicken, brussels sprouts and a garnish of pancetta.
1) For Chicken Prep: Heat a crockpot on low and add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it cook for 6-8 hours, then shred with 2 forks. Keep in fridge for a quick grab & go protein throughout the week! Add more chicken breasts to have more on hand.
2) Brussels Sprouts Prep: Rinse brussels sprouts and dry completely. Cut off the core, then slice the sprout in half. Then, flip each half, cut side down, and cut the sprout into thin slices or shreds. Alternatively, you can cut off the core, then shred them in your food processor (if available).
3) Enjoy these for lunch throughout the week. Reheat in microwave until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
4) You can sub diced bacon for the pancetta.