Want a new take on a vegan pasta? Try chickpeas! Chickpea pasta is loaded with protein and fiber. This easy recipe adds in nutrient-dense spinach… antioxidant-packed mushrooms, onions, and garlic… spicy chiles and tangy lime. It’s not only nutritious — it’s incredibly delicious!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 14 ounces chickpea pasta (such as the Banza brand)
1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2) While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, add avocado oil, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes or until onions are starting to brown.
3) Add vegetable broth and coconut aminos, stir to combine.
4) Add spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Drain cooked pasta and add to the pan. Toss to combine and add sea salt, black pepper, lime juice, smoked paprika, and red chili flakes.
6) Serve between plates and enjoy immediately.