Who says a rich, soul-warming soup has to be hard? This zesty soup takes just 10 minutes to prep and the stove does the rest. Double your recipe and save the leftovers for a metabolic soup & salad lunch!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
Total Time: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 large onions, cut into medium dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1- 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
1) In a medium-sized Dutch oven or large saucepan fitted with a lid, heat the oil over medium heat.
2) Add diced onion, carrots, and salt and sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
3) Stir in the garlic, ginger, coriander, red pepper flakes, and chicken bone broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Add lemon juice and additional salt, as desired. Place all ingredients in a blender (you may need to do this in small batches). Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. Divide among four large bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.