If you’re a budding gardener, you will likely have a bunch of zucchini on your hands. If so, this is the recipe for you! If not, you should run to your local store (or neighbors back yard) to grab some so you can enjoy this healthier double chocolate chip zucchini bread… after all, it was National Zucchini Day this past weekend!
This deliciously sweet bread is loaded with flavor, sneaks in your greens, and provides healthy fats and protein to keep you satiated and satisfied. It’s brilliant as a sweet snack, or even as a breakfast side. Those following a Metabolic, Ketogenic, Paleo, or Dairy-Free lifestyle can tuck into this loaf. Enjoy!
Sugar-Free, Grain-Free Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 slice
Makes: 14 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Metabolic Super Protein- Vanilla (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup sweetener of choice (I used Monkfruit sweetener)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- ½ cup dairy-free yogurt or organic Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ zucchini, medium size, grated and drained*
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line a loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper.
In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT for the sweetener and stir to combine.
In a food mixer, add sweetener and eggs and beat for 3 minutes until pale in color. Add coconut oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully incorporated.
Stir in the zucchini and dark chocolate chips until combined.
Pour out the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
*You want as much mixture squeezed out of the zucchini as possible. I recommend using a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel to squeeze out the water from the grated zucchini.