Nutritionist Bella Grace shares her top 5 favorite healthy snack ideas to satisfy cravings, keep you satiated, and help you build muscle. These healthy treats are easy to make and are free of refined sugar and gluten. Vegan, Keto, Paleo options all included. Savory AND sweet snack options!
Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup cashew butter, or creamy nut butter of choice
- 2 scoops Metabolic Super Protein- Vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened nut milk.
- 3 tablespoon dark chocolate chips, preferably stevia sweetened or unsweetened
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
Using your hands roll into small balls and place on a baking tray or large plate.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy.
Yogurt Protein Berry Bites
- 1 cup yogurt, Greek or dairy-free
- 1 scoop Metabolic Super Protein- Vanilla
- 1/2 cup berries of your choice
In a large bowl, add yogurt and protein powder. Stir to combine.
Add berries in to the yogurt and stir.
Add a tablespoon of the mixture into each well in a cupcake pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450F.
Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
Pour the chickpeas out onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and let them crisp up a little further for 10 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy.
Healthy Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs, pasture-raised
- 1 cup spinach, optional sauted
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced, optional sauteed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced, optional sauteed
- 4 oz. mushrooms, diced, optional sauteed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a muffin tray with avocado oil.
In a large bowl, crack the eggs and beat together.
Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour the egg mixture into each well of the muffin tray.
Bake in the oven to 15-20 minutes, or until the egg muffins have firmed up.
Cheezy Cauli Popcorn
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I use Dr. Fuhrman’s to avoid the synthetic folic acid found in most brands)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Start by preheating the oven to 450F and lightly greasing a baking tray with coconut oil or avocado oil.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to coat cauliflower florets in seasonings.
Transfer the cauliflower to the prepared baking sheet, and spread it around evenly.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until very crispy.
Let cool and tuck on in! Warning— it’s addictive!