Air Fried Crispy Chili Lime Chickpeas
Here’s a crunchy, spicy, healthy snack that’s so easy to make. Just toss the ingredients together, pour them into the air fryer, and 10 minutes later: Viola! Plus, chickpeas are high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals — so you can enjoy these yummy treats to your heart’s content!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can no salt added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small lime, juice only
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne
1) Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
2) Mix the beans, olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss until all beans are evenly coated.
3) Pour the seasoned beans into the air fryer and cook for 10-12 minutes, pausing the air fryer to shake twice during the cooking process.
4) Remove from the air fryer when the chickpeas are golden and crispy. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
1) Keep an eye on these and remove from the air fryer when they are cooked to your liking. If you prefer them a little darker, keep them in longer! Just be sure to shake them frequently to prevent burning.
2) These will hold in an airtight container for up to 1 week. (Good luck getting them to last that long!)
3) These are great as a snack alone, but also try them as a salad topper for a fun twist on a crouton!