Looking for an easy and healthy weeknight meal? We’ve got you covered! This chicken and zucchini saute with a creamy balsamic tahini sauce has only 15-20 minutes of hands-on time!
Prep Time: 1 hour (hands-off)
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 1 hour 15 min.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoon cold water
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 zucchini, halved, then cut into 1/4 -inch slices
- 2 yellow squash, halved, then cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Add garlic to food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the tahini and cold water and process until smooth. Add golden balsamic, parsley, salt and pepper, then process on low. Slowing drizzle in 6 tablespoons of the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined and smooth. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces in a reusable bag. Add 4 tablespoons of the sauce and seal, removing as much air as possible. Use your hands to massage the chicken and the sauce until all chicken is lightly coated. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- In a 12-inch skillet, preheat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add chicken and sauté until golden and slightly crisped on all sides, 6-8 minutes total. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of sauce while cooking. Spoon the chicken on top of the rice and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Once preheated, add the zucchini, yellow squash, za-atar and lemon juice and sauté for 4-6 minutes, until vibrant in color and some edges turning golden brown. Spoon over the chicken and serve.
Cook’s Notes Sauce may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.