Crispy cauliflower tacos with a chipotle garbanzo sauce! An easy (30 minutes!) and flavorful plant-based meal that’s versatile, healthy, and so satisfying!
Number of Servings: 4 (3 street tacos per serving)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, depending on heat preference
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving
- 12 flour street tacos (choose your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a large sheet pan in the oven while it preheats.
- Carefully remove the preheated sheet pan from the oven and add the cauliflower, peppers and olive oil. Toss so the vegetables are coated in the oil. Add chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt. Toss again to combine. Return the sheet tray to the oven and roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, or until edges of cauliflower start to crisp. Remove from oven and toss with fresh cilantro.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the garbanzo beans, chipotle peppers and juice of 1 lime to a food processor. Process until smooth and well-combined.
- Spread a tablespoon of the chipotle spread on each street taco, then top with the vegetable mixture. Finish with a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Double the chipotle garbanzo spread and save as vegetable dip for the week!