Two superfoods in one tasty salad? Yes please! Avocado and papaya are both loaded with nutrients and antioxidants — oh, and they’re DELICIOUS. And this Cubano salad is the perfect way to enjoy them: it’s sweet, spicy, tangy, and creamy. Honestly, this is everything you could want in a salad! Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: —
Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about ½ large lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spring mix
- 1 medium papaya, cubed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 5 radishes, sliced thin
Combine white vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Set aside.
Add spring mix, papaya, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and radishes to a large bowl. Toss with the desired amount of dressing and enjoy. Serve right away.
- If preparing ahead of time, store dressing and papaya separate from the rest of the salad until ready to enjoy.
- To cut a papaya, first trim the ends, then halve the fruit lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon, then use a peeler to remove the skin. Cut each half into strips, then those strips into cubes. Store in an airtight container.