Enjoy the many benefits of the anti-inflammatory superfood turmeric in these comforting golden glow nourish bowls.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Total Time: 1 hr.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, diced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 cups spinach
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Add butternut squash cubes and bell pepper, and drizzle in 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil and yellow onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
Add fresh ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and turmeric. Stir to combine. Add chicken thigh pieces and saute for 10 minutes.
Add vinegar, fish sauce, coconut milk, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through.
Add cooked squash and bell pepper to the curry mixture. Remove the bay leaves and add the spinach. Stir it until it starts to wilt.
Serve nourish bowls immediately with cauliflower rice, or regular rice.