This Mediterranean inspired dish delivers metabolism boosting protein in three different ways: shredded chicken, fiber-rich garbanzo beans, and salty feta crumbles. Top with heart-health Extra Virgin Olive Oil and enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 0 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta, or dairy-free feta cheese
- 1 (15.5) ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces spring mix
- 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1) In a medium jar or bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, oregano, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Stir or shake to combine, then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, but up to 2 hours.
2) Combine the kale and spring mix and gently toss to combine. Add the leftover shredded chicken on top. Pour the garbanzo beans marinade/vinaigrette over the greens and chicken, then top with feta crumbles.