Nothing beats grilled romaine salads in Summer! This perfect grilled salad is loaded with chicken, corn, tomatoes, and avocados. Flavor packed into every bite!
Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, or dairy-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, for brushing
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, tops and bottoms trimmed, and each cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Preheat grill to 400F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, lemon zest and juice, dill, chives, and black pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Lightly brush or spray the romaine, and the corn, with avocado oil, then with the grill lid open, briefly grill each side of the romaine until grill marks appear, but before the lettuce goes limp, no more than 30 seconds. Remove promptly. Add the corn to the grill at the same time as the romaine but close the lid once the lettuce is finished and allow to grill for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove the corn and carefully cut off the kernels from the cob.
- To assemble the salad, top the grilled romaine with corn, chicken, tomatoes and avocado, then drizzle with dressing.
- Use an organic rotisserie or store-bought shredded chicken for a quick and easy lunch!
- Be sure not to completely remove the stem of the romaine before grilling so that the bunch will still hold together.