Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Travel to the tropics and you will find this sophisticated salad loaded with bold flavors. This healthy dinner dish features incredible zesty chicken, lots of greens and cilantro, fresh fruit, and creamy coconut.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 heads butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup plantain chips, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Add the chicken breasts to a large saucepan. Add water to cover the chicken and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, add fresh lime juice, olive or avocado oil, and cilantro to a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- When chicken is cooked through, place on a large plate, and shred using two forks.
- Assemble the salad by adding lettuce, mango, onion, avocado, and cooked chicken to a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine. Split between four bowls. Serve immediately.
Plant-based? You can still enjoy this recipe! Simply sub the shredded chicken for jackfruit or cubes of extra-firm tofu and make this vegan!