Chocolate chip muffins made guiltless with flax meal and bananas. A smooth protein infused batter makes for a moist muffin filled with chocolate chips and the benefit of extra fiber. Substitute oat flour for a tree nut-free treat.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1/2 scoop Metabolic Super Protein-Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cups grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup paleo flour blend
1) Preheat the oven to 325F and line a muffin tray with liners.
2) In a food mixer, add flax meal, baking flour, protein, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum and mix until smooth.
3) Add mashed bananas, whisked eggs, melted butter or oil, and almond milk. Mix well until a smooth batter has formed.
4) Stir in chocolate chips.
5) Divide batter among 12 muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Let cool and serve.