When you’re craving a burger, nothing else will do. No need to deprive yourself! These burgers are juicy, savory, and low-carb!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
- 1lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 slices grass-fed cheese, or dairy-free cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 dill pickle, sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Divide the ground beef into four pieces and using your hands, form four thin patties. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. When warm, add red onion slices. Saute until caramelized, approx. 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet over high heat, add the last tablespoon of avocado oil. When hot, add burgers and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until the desired doneness. Top each burger with cheese and let melt with the burner off.
- Assemble the burgers. On a plate, add a large slice of lettuce. Top with pickles and tomato slices. Add burger and caramelized onion. Top with another slice of lettuce. Serve immediately.