Salads are many things, but surprising…? This salad is a smorgasbord of flavors — crunchy cucumber, refreshing cilantro and creamy avocado all set off the tang of feta. And with protein-packed black beans, it’s a complete metabolic picnic, all on one plate!
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 min.
For the salad:
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Add all the dressing ingredients into a small jug and whisk to combine. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, add all of the salad ingredients and toss to mix.
Drizzle dressing over the top and massage to combine.
Split between 6 bowls.