Happy National Donut Day! Need an impressive recipe for that family get together that everyone will LOVE? Maple Glazed Donuts to the rescue! You can’t go wrong with this healthier twist on a donut recipe classic. People won’t even know the difference.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons Ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup, plus two tablespoons, smooth cashew butter
1) Grease a stainless steel donut pan with coconut oil, or grass-fed butter, and set the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk them together until combined.
3) Next, in a medium mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
5) Pipe the dough into the donut cavities until they’re about ¾ full. Bake the donuts for 20-23 minutes or until they’re golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
6) Wait until the donuts have cooled to remove them from the pan. While they are cooling, prepare the maple glaze.
7) Add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir vigorously until combined with no lumps.
8) Carefully dip each cooled donut in the glaze and let set. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.