As any chef will tell you, there are two parts to cooking a great steak: the sear… and the sauce. This marinade is simple to make yet deeply flavorful, with touches of sweet, smoky, and even zesty lemon. Give the meat the time it deserves to soak — you’ll be glad you did! Perfect for your Labor Day weekend.
Prep Time: 2 hours (hands-off)
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
1) In a medium bowl, combine coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lemon, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and pepper. Whisk well.
2) Place the flank steak in a large reusable bag, then pour the marinade over the steak. Seal the bag then massage the steak making sure the marinade is coating all parts of the beef. Place on a sheet tray or plate and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, but no longer than 24.
3) When ready to prepare, preheat the grill to medium heat (400-450 degrees). Remove steak from the bag and allow excess marinade to drip. Discard the marinade.
4) Grill steak for 5-7 minutes per side, or until steak reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees for medium-rare. Remove the steak from the grill and promptly place it on a plate and wrap it in foil. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes and allow it to carry over cook, then slice thin against the grain. Serve with a green salad.