Easy and flavorful macro-friendly Mediterranean chicken bowls! This simple lunch or dinner dish contains high-quality protein, complex carbohydrates, an abundance of fibrous vegetables, and healthy fat from the delicious homemade tzatziki.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Tzatziki:
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or dairy-free unflavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
For the bowls:
- 4 cups cooked quinoa and brown rice blend (or grain of choice)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 medium head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh mint, for garnish
In a large plastic bag or bowl, add chicken breasts and all seasoning ingredients. Toss to combine and let marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
While marinating, make tzatziki by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and mixing to combine. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Place marinated chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and broil on high for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, arrange your bowls. Heat your cooked quinoa and brown rice blend and divide between four bowls. Top with olives, tomatoes, cucumber, butter lettuce, feta cheese and fresh mint. Add one chicken breast to each bowl, along with a dollop of fresh tzatziki. Serve immediately.