The Mediterranean diet is famous for supporting heart health & longevity because it’s packed with healthy fats, fresh veg, and immune-boosting spices. This zesty baked Caprese chicken is no exception. And when you’re a fat-burner, melty layers of cheese ARE healthy. Buon appetito!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella or dairy-free mozzarella, sliced
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and drizzle a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2) In a small bowl, mix shallot, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and basil.
3) Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet, arrange halved tomatoes around the chicken. Pour over the shallot mixture.
4) Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasoning all over the chicken and tomatoes. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) After 15 minutes, add mozzarella cheese slices over the chicken and pour the olives into the pan around the chicken. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees and cheese is melted.
6) Remove from the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.