Pomegranate Walnut Winter Salad
The combination of flavors and textures in this salad — sweet, creamy, tangy, crunchy, spicy — will make it a new favorite. And there are some superfood stars in here: pomegranate arils are packed with antioxidants, and walnuts not only support gut health and reduce inflammation but can also improve brain function.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/3 cup goat cheese or dairy-free soft cheese, crumbled
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cooked and shredded chicken
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig jam
1) Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner.
2) In a medium bowl, add walnuts, syrup, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine and pour out onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until toasted.
3) Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
4) Add all of the ingredients, including the toasted walnuts and dressing into a large salad bowl. Toss to combine and serve immediately.