Slow Roasted Cardamom Citrus Salmon
Deliciously different, this cardamom citrus salmon is sure to impress.
Number of Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Total Time: 50 min.
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large naval orange, cut into thin slices
- 1 small lemon, cut into thin slices
- 2 (4-ounce) salmon portions, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a quarter (or your smallest) sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cardamom, smoked paprika, coriander, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Set aside 2 sliced orange rounds, then take the rest of the orange and lemon slices and shingle them on the parchment paper, right where you will be placing each salmon portion. (You are basically making a citrus bed for each portion.) Place the salmon, skin side down, on top of each pile of citrus. Drizzle the top with the olive oil and pure maple syrup. Coat the top of each piece of salmon with the spice mixture and use clean hands to massage the spices into the salmon with the oils and syrup. Finish the top of each piece of the salmon with the reserved orange slices.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork and has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro.
- Be sure to watch your salmon closely as it can go from perfect to overcooked quickly.