Wrap up in a blanket and embrace the Fall with these warm, slightly sweet, spiced apple muffins. Cinnamon and nutmeg will warm your senses on a crisp cool day and will make you welcome falling leaves and temperatures.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener of choice, such as maple syrup, Lakanto syrup, or raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with 12 muffin liners.
2) Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and spices in a bowl and set aside.
3) In a food mixer, blend applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5) Distribute batter evenly between 12 cupcakes. Fill to the top of each case as they don’t rise very much! Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the muffins are a golden brown.