Sticky Gingerbread Bake
Ooey, gooey, and full of festive flavors, this sticky gingerbread bake is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. This recipe contains blackstrap molasses which is naturally rich in antioxidants, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, and potassium!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Total Time: 1 hr.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (with xanthan gum included)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons coconut oil, Ghee, or grass-fed butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Whisk molasses, maple syrup, honey, coconut oil or butter, egg, and water in a food mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Transfer the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice into squares, and enjoy.