A nourishing, healthy dinner dish prepared with seasonal brussels sprouts and purple potatoes.
Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 40 min.
- 12 ounces purple bite-size potatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive or avocado oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin left on and any pin bones removed
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, stem end removed and sprouts quartered
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- Place an 11×17 sheet tray in a cold oven, then preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss the potatoes with one tablespoon of the oil and a ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Once preheated, carefully remove the sheet tray from the oven and add the potatoes. They should sizzle right when they hit the tray. Roast for 15 minutes.
- At the 15-minute mark, toss the potatoes and move to one side of the sheet tray (careful not to overcrowd). Carefully place a piece of foil on the other side of the sheet tray. Add the salmon on top of the foil. Scatter the brussels sprouts, tomatoes, and shallot around and on top of the salmon. Drizzle the salmon and vegetables with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Gently toss.
- Roast for an additional 12-15 minutes until brussels sprouts are tender and charred in some spots, tomatoes beginning to burst and salmon is cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees as well as easy to flake with a fork.
- Use a spatula when serving the salmon and gently slide it between the skin and flesh to separate. Serve topped with tomatoes, shallot, and brussels sprouts with potatoes served on the side.
- If brussels sprouts are smaller in size, halve instead of quartering.