Hey, what’s up? It’s Dr. Jade Teta here.
When I get a new fitness client, one of the first things I tell them is, “Boost your PFW.”
PFW is the fastest way I know to reduce hunger and cravings, boost energy, and basically reboot the metabolism.
It also represents the three daily eating habits I hold myself to… because I know when I get enough PFW, my weight is easier to manage, I have fewer sugar cravings, and I sleep better. (I also very rarely get sick.)
PFW stands for protein, fiber and water. Anytime your SHMEC is out of check… you’re having a hard time losing weight… or you’re getting sick more often than you’d like… you can return to this:
· Eat more protein. A good rule of thumb is to eat your body weight in grams of protein. (So, if you weigh 150lbs, eat 150g of protein.)
· Eat more fiber. Think low starch, high water vegetables, like leafy greens, cucumbers, and cauliflower. I eat two big salads a day to achieve this.
· Drink more water. 3-4 liters a day.
And, I’ve got an easy way to do all that, too. Just follow my S-Meals model and eat primarily:
· Soups (a hot liquid salad)
· Scrambles (a salad + eggs)
· Shakes (a cold liquid salad)
· Stir-Fries (a hot salad)
These are frameworks for nutrient dense, high protein, high fiber, low calorie meals… that are also highly satiating.
And if you find that you’re still hungry or feeling low energy? Add a thumb’s worth of fat or a ¼ cup of starch, and tweak as necessary.
I go through all of this in more detail in the video lecture below:
Remember, the most EFFECTIVE thing you can do to boost immunity is to strengthen your metabolism, because your metabolism POWERS your immune system.
And eating more protein and fiber, and drinking more water, is a great first step to balancing your metabolism and getting your SHMEC in check.
I hope you’re enjoying this free immune system crash course. Please feel free to leave us a comment or question below!