Nothing is more upsetting than bringing a healthy version of cake that everyone spits out. Let’s face it, chocolate-flavored cardboard is disgusting! That’s why our team of recipe formulators set out to design a grain-free, sugar-free chocolate cake that is fluffy, moist, and absolutely mouthwatering. The process wasn’t easy, but after 7 attempts, we figured it out! Make sure you stick around to the end of the video for Bella’s infamous chocolate frosting with a secret ingredient! This chocolate cake is perfect for birthdays, holidays, and events. Enjoy!
The BEST Grain-Free Sugar-Free CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups sweetener of choice (I used Swerve sweetener)
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350F and line two cake tins.
Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix. Add wet ingredients and mix to combine.
Pour into greased cake tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Meanwhile, make your chocolate frosting…
- 1 cup coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1 cup almond butter, or smooth nut butter of choice
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup nut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon sweetener (I used Swerve powdered sweetener)
Add almond butter and butter or coconut oil to a food mixer. Beat together until smooth.
Add cocoa, sweetener and nut milk. Place in the fridge while cakes finish cooking and cooling.
Let the cakes cool and then remove frosting from the fridge. Place one cake on a platter or cake stand and cover in frosting. Place the remaining cake on top and spread in the remaining frosting. Slice and serve.