Cowboy Butter Steak for Father’s Day
As any chef will tell you, there’s two parts to cooking a great steak: the sear… and the sauce. This cowboy butter is simple to make yet deeply flavorful. Give dad the dinner he deserves with this cowboy butter seared steak recipe!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, fresh, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 grass-fed steaks (New York Strip, Ribeye or Top Sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Make the cowboy butter by adding all ingredients (except steaks and avocado oil) to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
In a cast-iron skillet, add oil and heat over medium-high heat. When very hot and shimmering, add steaks to the skillet. Sear the steaks on one side for 4 minutes and then flip and cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer steak to cutting board, slice, and serve with a generous helping of cowboy butter.
Serving suggestions include regular salad, watermelon and feta salad, sweet potato fries, or zucchini fries.