Sweet, crisp, with a dash of spice? It’s all the things we love about fall… in a salad! With plenty of fiber, healthy fat and powerful antioxidants from pomegranate and parsley, this salad will fuel all your apple pickin’ and pumpkin carvin’ adventures.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 0 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (store-bought or homemade)
- 3 cups finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 honey crisp apple, cut into ¼ inch dice
- ½ red onion, cut into ¼ inch dice
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups pomegranate arils, drained of juices (about 2 pomegranates)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
In a large bowl, combine riced cauliflower, parsley, apple, onion, walnuts, pomegranate arils, garlic, allspice, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
Add lemon juice and olive oil directly to the bowl, then toss again to combine. Serve right away. Pair with your favorite protein source, if desired.
–If you are making your own cauliflower rice, cut the florets from the head of cauliflower, then place in a food processor and pulse until it becomes rice-sized cauliflower pieces.
–If not enjoying right away, combine all ingredients except the apples, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil until ready to serve. Then, add those items into the bowl and enjoy.