Get Your Green On With These Salad Stuffed Cucumbers!
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the healthy way with this salad stuffed cucumber appetizer.
Number of Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 0 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 cups finely chopped greens (we used a combination of Lacinato kale and brussels sprouts)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar to a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Continue until emulsified. Set aside.
- Cut the cucumber in half, then cut each half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and create a deep well in the cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, combine the greens, shredded chicken, pepitas and cranberries. Add dressing and toss to combine. Fill each cucumber with the salad.
- No time to chop up your salad ingredients? No problem! When in a pinch, use the salad kit bags at the grocery and opt for a homemade salad dressing, like the one in this recipe.
- We recommend using a sturdier greens (like those used in this recipe) so you can do this as a meal prep option. That way, the salad can stand up to the dressing and not wilt.