Huevos Rancheros Scrambler Jars
Here you go! The perfect backup plan for when you want Huevos Rancheros but are out of chorizo. Simply beat a couple of eggs, shake the remaining ingredients in a jar, and cook together in your skillet.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced, divided
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 15 eggs
- 5 6 oz. jars
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1 yellow onion, cut into ¼-inch dice, divided
1) In each jar, place 2 tablespoons onions, a pinch of jalapeno, ¼ cup tomatoes, ¼ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon garlic salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Screw on the lid and place in the fridge until ready to use.
2) When ready to prepare, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet set over medium-low heat. Pour the contents of 1 jar into the skillet and sauté until beginning to soften, 3-4 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, whisk together 3 eggs in a small bowl. Pour the eggs into the skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking eggs – pulling, lifting and folding – until thickened and no visible liquid remains. Remove from heat and enjoy immediately.