Want a healthy meal on the go, jam-packed high in belly-filling fiber and immunity-boosting antioxidants? These roasted citrus and sunflower butter chia jars are the perfect fix. Grab it from the fridge, pop the lid, and enjoy.
Prep Time: 60 min or overnight
Cook Time: 0
Total time: 60 min or overnight.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 naval oranges, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 8 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup grain-free granola of choice
1) Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Cover an 11×17 sheet tray with parchment paper.
2) Set aside jars.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 60 minutes, until thickened, or overnight.
4) Meanwhile, lay orange slices on parchment paper with space between each one. Sprinkle with cardamom, then roast until citrus begins to caramelize on top, 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5) Once the coconut and chia mixture has thickened, add ¼ cup of the chia mixture to each jar, followed by a layer of the citrus, 2 tablespoons of sunflower butter, another 2-3 tablespoons of the chia mixture, and finished with a final topping of citrus. Screw on the lid, then refrigerate until ready to enjoy! Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.