Need a simple dinner idea for this weekend? Feeling bloated and heavy from delivery meals? Forget the carb-filled Chinese take-out and make your own healthy sheet pan Chinese chicken and vegetables in less than half an hour! If you are a vegan or vegetarian, simply sub the chicken for organic extra-firm tofu!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless OR 1 package extra-firm organic tofu
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or Lakanto syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon gochujang sauce, or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into quarters, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
Arrange the chicken breasts and/or tofu, broccoli florets, and bell peppers on the baking tray and drizzle with avocado oil.
In a small saucepan, add coconut aminos, maple syrup, water, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, lime, gochujang sauce and arrowroot starch. Stir to combine and heat over low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens.
Pour mixture over the vegetables and chicken/tofu and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Split between plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with fresh lime.