The secret to this delicioso salad is the homemade taco seasoning: It’s got all the flavor without the preservatives and sugar found in the store-bought stuff. Add it to grass-fed ground beef… place it over greens… top with grain-free tortilla chips… and you’ve got a high-protein, low-carb fiesta!
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces spring mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups grain-free tortilla chips – nacho flavor
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and cook until completely browned, breaking into small pieces with a spatula.
Once browned, add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, red pepper, and corn. Stir to combine, then saute for an additional 3-5 minutes until red pepper is just beginning to soften. Remove from heat.
Divide the greens between 4 bowls, then top with crumbled chips, the beef mixture, and salsa. Serve right away.